Monday, July 7, 2008

most industrious

Last June 29, 08' (Sunday) , we went to Bulacan early in the morning. I'm still sleepy but i had to get up from bed. Yawn! My cousin (vhethz) and I decided to help our 'tita' to clean their house in bulacan since we've got nothing important to do. both of us didn't bother to take a bath because we knew that there was no use coz' the reason we we were with them was to clean the 2nd floor so dirts clinging to our body were expected. So we got into the car.. gee,, but we were able washed our face and brushed our teeth though. =) I'm with my cousin, my aunt and uncle plus his friend (who's also about their age) who drove the car way there... We got there at exact 9 am.

Cleaning time... Urgh... okay... at exact 9:30, my aunt said "Let's start!"

I've noticed a lil' boy waiting in front of the house... I got curious who's that boy...

My aunt called his attention and she asked him if he wanted to work... Actually, that lil' boy was really waiting for my aunt and really asking for work... So we were assigned to clean the mess at the 2nd floor. Yeah right! I almost forgot that vhethz has asthma that's why she wasn't allowed to help out. she was assigned to help my aunt preparing food for lunch... only the two of us?? awtz...

Hmm.. 2nd floor: 4 rooms and 2 bathrooms. Goodthing that the master's bedroom bathroom was locked.. yippee..

We started cleaning using brooms. We swept the dust and i wonder why i didn't have second thought to volunteer giving a hand doing those things coz' the fact that i'm kinda slothful doing household tasks.. am i sick? jeje let's just say maybe because i love my aunt so much that i wouldn't want her to work for that. Oh! so i'm with that lil' boy named Erwin. Woah! He was a better dust sweeper than me. Plus the fact that he was really eager to clean the whole 2nd floor was really something as if making it dirt free. We even picked up some plywoods,woods and some of them were really heavy but when you are with Erwin it seems that everything was easy. We even washed the floor with wet rugs and it's hard huh! Since i love taking pictures, i got the chance to capture some photos of him while he was doing his work. Of course i asked for permission dummy! =) Also, if it's alright to asked him questions and he said it was okay.

Here's how it goes:
H * Hex
E * Erwin

H: What's your name?
E: Erwin
H: Do you live here?
E: outside the subdivision

H: How old are you?
E: 13

H: ah ok.. How did you know my aunt and uncle

E: I am their garbage collector
H: ahh! is it your first time to to do the cleaning here?
E: No.. it's my second time.. the first time was last week
H: do you play online games huh? like other kids out there?
E: sometimes but not as often as i wanted to... i don't have money.
H: oh... what are you are going to do with the money that you will receive after this work... ?
E: i will give it to my grandmother. she's old...
H: why??? it's yours.. you should keep it.. why are you going to give it to her?
E: because she is the one who budgets the money for our food

H: ahh.. wow... what about the money you've been getting as a garbage collector?

E: i also give it to her
H: what about the nails you've been collecting a while ago,,
what are you going to do with it?

E: i'll go to the junkshop after this.. they buy nails there...
then give all the money to my grandmother
H: really how much will that cost?

E: 16 pesos for 1 kilo...
H: where are your parents?
E: i don't have daddy anymore and my mommy is in Pampanga. She lives there.

H: then why are you here?
E: i'm living here with my lola because my mom has new
family. when she decided to get married my lola picked me up in Pampanga and that was after the recognition day.
H: ah really recognition day??? you are a honor student?
E: no... hehehe i got medal for being the most industrious in the class
H: wow! you really are ... nice nice kiddo you are deserving for that award!
E: * :-) smile*

H: okay ... what about school ... do you study? what year?
E: 1st year highschool
H: good... what are your plans after you graduate from H.S? what course would you take up?
E: none... (serious)
H: none???? why???
E: i want to work after i finish my highschool
H: ahh you don't have any ambition? why do you attend to school everyday?
E: no i don't have.. school? because my lola told me so.
H: awtz... really? no plans to take up college?
E: yes... i just have to earn money
H: okay erwin... jejee we're done...


Oh,, that was it ... it's funny because when he received the money fron my aunt he smiled and instead of using the gate, he hopped in the brick fence then left us. it really amazed me how hardworking that erwin could be. At young age he was working hard just to earn money. maybe what's important to him for now is for them to be able to eat 3x a day..,, and that only matters. i know he'll change his mind not going into college coz' someday i know he will. it's sad that his mother decided to give him to his grandmother. In the first place, she should be the one responsible for her own son and the one taking good care of him. She had her own reason why she did that, but whatever it was.. i don't give damn... i'm happy that erwin turned out to be a good, responsible grandson. Being acknowledged as the MOST INDUSTRIOUS was really meant for him. it was well-deserved huh! it's time for me to take a bath after that hard work... =)

(0'-'0) LubDub

2 comments:

Bloom said...

wah. wawa naman yung bata. :( he's supposed to be in school.

pishnge said...

@bloom: nagaaral xa..
saturday yan wala pasok.. :D